No calendar entries appear

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
QRichardQ

No calendar entries appear

Post by QRichardQ » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:14 pm

In V.Pro (2021.02), I normally have a very busy, colorfully crowded calendar. Yesterday I archived all entries prior to 01/01/2021. Everything seemed fine following that.

Today I happened to reboot my computer, and when V.Pro opens, the layout is as it should be; all of my calendars are listed (House, Office, Travel, Birthdays, Holidays, etc.); however, EVERY DAY is now empty; no calendar entries appear on any day for any of the calendars.

There is this oddity as well: ONE entry from one calendar on one day does show up. In addition, when I tag that particular calendar as the default, it says at bottom-right, "[calendar name] 566 events." When I tag other of my calendars, they all report at bottom-right, "0 events" (none should be zero).

I sync (2-way) to Google Calendar. All of my entries DO appear up there, and show up on the calendars on my other devices accordingly. I have hit <Sync> any number of times, each reflecting as "last done" just then at bottom-right.

Fearing that my archive exercise may have been done incorrectly, I unzipped the archive and tried several times to import one ICS file. V.Pro went through all the steps, but there was no change to the vacant calendar.

I also clicked <View><Show all Entries>, which had no effect.

Help . . .

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: No calendar entries appear

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:17 am

I'm not sure why archiving your old data would cause your current data to disappear, or why you're not seeing the data after importing the previously archived .ics files.

To recover your data, click the “File -> Restore Data” menu command. Hopefully you’ll see a list of previous backups. Select the most recent backup that was created before the problem occurred and then click the "Restore" button.

If you still don't see your data after restoring, there might be something wrong with your VueMinder installation. To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
https://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If reinstalling still doesn't fix it, there might be a problem with the program data file. You can use the utility linked below to completely reset the data.
https://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “File -> Restore Data” menu command to restore from a backup.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

QRichardQ

Re: No calendar entries appear

Post by QRichardQ » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Your first suggestion ("File -> Restore Data") worked!

I wasn't aware that that feature was available. Though I saw the Restore Data item, I hadn't tried it believing that it only worked if I had previously made backups. I had not been making any as I considered Google Calendar to essentially be my backup.

Hopefully, the problem will not re-arise.

Thank you!