Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 am
I understand that the south end zone calender site moved but, how do I get the new site working again?
Re: NFL Calendar
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:42 am
Hi Terry, apparently the person that maintains the NFL calendars on the South End Zone website has changed the URLs to the calendars and they’re only available when accessed through Google Calendar, due to “significant abuse by calendar programs on certain devices (especially IOS)”. I guess VueMinder subscribing to calendar URLs that were previously available to the public is considered abuse? Anyway, details can be found here:
To work around the problem, please follow these steps:
- Right-click the name of the NFL calendar you previously added to VueMinder and select “Delete Calendar” from the popup menu.
- Go to https://www.southendzone.net/ics/
- Right-click the name of the calendar you want to add to VueMinder and select “Copy link address”.
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar.
- Click the + button to the right of “Other calendars”.
- Select “From URL” on the popup menu.
- Paste the calendar address (URL) that was copied in step 3.
- Click the “Add Calendar” button to complete adding the calendar to your Google Calendar account.
- In VueMinder, click the “File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar” menu command.
- Select the same Google account you used in the previous steps and click the Next button.
- Click the name of the calendar under “Other Google Calendars” and then click the “Add Calendar” button.
After doing that, you should see the NFL events again. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.