Deleting multiple calendar entries in the Ctrl+6 view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
User2050

Deleting multiple calendar entries in the Ctrl+6 view

Post by User2050 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:59 pm

The Ctrl+6 view allows us to see all calendar entries as a concise list. When marking them (one or more than one), it seems one can only delete one of the entries at the time. If you click on 'Delete' after you have selected more than one calendar item, the system asks you 'Do you want to delete the Calendar 'XYZ'' which is probably the last thing one would want to do.

Is there a way to delete multiple calendar entries in the Ctrl+6 view? Thanks!

Also, I think the 'Do you want to delete the Calendar 'XYZ' should not be such an easy option, as one can inadvertently delete their whole calendar and unless they figure out what had just happened quickly enough and press Undo, they may have a serious calendar loss to deal with. One would hope the system would at least pop up a secondary window with a question 'Are you sure you want to delete the Calendar 'XYZ" forever?' or something like that.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Deleting multiple calendar entries in the Ctrl+6 view

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:31 am

You can select multiple rows in the Event List (Ctrl+6 is the shortcut to get there, or you can click the "Events" tab on the main window). To select all rows, press Ctrl+A. To select a range of rows, click the first row, hold the Shift key, and click the last row. To select multiple rows, hold the Ctrl key while clicking the desired rows.

After selecting the rows you'd like to delete, press the Delete key or right-click one of the selected rows and the click the "Delete Events" command at the bottom of the popup window. You should NOT be asked if you want to delete the calendar - I have no idea why that would happen if you're clicking the rows in the Event List and not the calendar's name in the calendar list. Instead, you should see a dialog box asking if you want to delete the selected events.

Please let me know if you're being prompted to delete the calendar after following the steps above. It might be a bug, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

User2050

Re: Deleting multiple calendar entries in the Ctrl+6 view

Post by User2050 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Thanks, Dan.

The deleting works fine when marking the rows at the front, using the black arrow. I was doing it wrong (marking each entry's box with the tick sign, and could only delete one entry regardless of how many boxes had been ticked).

The 'Delete Calendar' issue is so bizarre. I had it happen to me five times yesterday, yet today I can't recreate it either! Must've been some sort of a bug (internal conflict on my computer) that just went away. :)

Thank you for the prompt response!