Couple of weird issues with desktop reminders on multimonitor setup

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jdbg1234

Couple of weird issues with desktop reminders on multimonitor setup

Post by jdbg1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Hello,

I recently moved from a two-monitor setup to a three-monitor one. Previously, desktop alerts worked exactly as desired: they would appear on the bottom-right of the primary monitor, above the taskbar. However, since adding the third monitor, desktop alerts have been misbehaving. By default, they appear on the secondary monitor, way above the taskbar. It's not possible to drag it straight down to the primary monitor. It's possible to drag the alert to the side and kind of sneak it onto the primary monitor, but the moment the alert is fully contained by the primary monitor, the alert gets kicked back to the secondary monitor.

I have attached an animation of me trying to drag the alert from its default/initial position on the secondary monitory, to the tertiary monitor, and it getting kicked back up after falling onto the primary monitor.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has run into this issue and has a solution.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Couple of weird issues with desktop reminders on multimonitor setup

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:35 am

Hi jdbg1234, welcome to the forums. I'm not able to see the animation, so I'm not exactly sure what is happening. My guess is your monitors are running at different resolutions, and maybe also different text scaling factors. Do you see this problem when both monitors are set to the same resolution and scaling?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA