Automatically Snooze After Setting

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
allenk23

Automatically Snooze After Setting

Post by allenk23 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 am

Hi Dan! I asked about this issue a couple/few years ago and hoping that either there is now a way or you can consider it for a further release. Many of the events I add to the calendar(s) I also add both a Popup Reminder and a Desktop Alert. I have done both from the beginning and just continue to use both reminmders. The problem is this... The Desktop Alert has a setting to "Automatically snooze after 30 seconds for 5 minutes". I am not sure if that is the default for all Events or Events that I import. I have numerous imported Events. Then again, this automatic snooze problem occurs with some that I have created manually.

For me, this is an incredible pain. First, it is a setting that I do not want - ever. If I do not address the Event based on being reminded, the reminder goes away. But second, I use the default system beep for the Desktop Alert. If I am not around, this will continue to beep and it is loud enough to annoy family members.

Is there a way to both/either turn this off for existing events (aside from opening the Event and turning it off) and/or a default setting to never use this feature? If yes, just advise how. If not, please consider it as an enhancement down the road.'

Many thanks,
Allen K.

allenk23

Re: Automatically Snooze After Setting

Post by allenk23 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 am

Dan, I should have also mentioned in my initial post that though I acknowledged you answered this before (back in 2017), and you suggested, "Hi Allen, you can keep the "Show a desktop alert" box checked in the default settings, but uncheck "Automatically snooze", it is either not working or I am missing something. At the calendar level, in the Event Defaults for any given Calendar Properties, the Automatically Snooze setting for Desktop Alerts is not checked. Yes, every Desktop Alert for every event in the given calendar has this setting. Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:02 am

Hi allenk23, thank you for the feedback. If the default settings are configured to NOT automatically snooze desktop alerts, then I'm not sure why this would be enabled by default for new events. There's no easy way to turn if off for all previously created events. I'll investigate further to see if I can determine why this setting would be enabled when it's not selected in the default settings. So far, I've been unable to duplicate that behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

allenk23

Post by allenk23 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Dan, thanks. OK, so I did some more testing and here is what I did and found. In VueMinder, I have several calendars. To be certain, I selected just 1 calendar to view and exported a few events. I confirmed before export that none had the setting to automatically snooze set. I also confirmed that the calendar defaults similarly do not have automatically snooze set. I exported the events, including reminders. Of course, nothing showed for the automatically snooze field. I exported to Excel. I changed the dates in the spreadsheet to later this summer and saved the spreadsheet. I imported those events. Remember, neither the calendar defaults nor the exported events have the automatically snooze setting set. When I opened each of the imported events, every single one had the automatically snooze setting set!

When importing, I checked the selections: Import reminders and extended data, if present, Use destination calendar defaults, and Import event colors if present.

So it seems that imported events seem to be the trigger. Hope that helps. Thanks!

AllenK

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:03 am

Hi AllenK, thank you for the information. I'll post a reply when I have an update.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA