Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:05 pm
- Location: Massachusetts, U.S.A.
A task's repeat interval (RRULE) does not get copied during:
- Import from ICS file;
- Export to ICS file;
- Assign Event to Task Calendar.
Is it possible to fix this? I have restored my task recurrences by hand, but I still would like to export them to ICS for publishing and backup.
Would this be easier if task due dates supported the same recurrence options as events? ICS format supports the same RRULE format for both VEVENT and VTODO. As far as I can tell, Thunderbird/Lightning
have the same options for both. Apparently Google Calendar
can be tricked into it by importing an ICS file (e.g. https://stevenwaller.io/articles/repeat ... the-month/
- VueMinder Ultimate 2021.01 (Trial)
- Windows 10 Home 20H2, 64-bit (Dell XPS 8900, 3.4 GHz, 16 GB)
- Windows 10 Home 2004, 64-bit (ASUS Transformer Mini, 1.44 GHz, 4 GB)
- Dan Chartrand
- Posts: 3914
- Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 am
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Hi GJS, VueMinder handles repeating tasks a bit differently than events. Unfortunately, the RRULE definition isn't supported by VueMinder when importing or exporting tasks (VTODO) to or from ics files. I'll consider improving support for this in a future release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA