Hide Upcoming Events based on Priority

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
Drazn Rylokn

Hide Upcoming Events based on Priority

Post by Drazn Rylokn » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:55 am

Hello.

I like to use Vueminder to track repeating but quite variable daily things such as what times I am expected to go to university versus when the class is online.

However when I input these as events into Vueminder it ends up bloating the upcoming events display greatly and makes it difficult to see more important upcoming events, especially multiple weeks in advance.

It would be useful if the Upcoming Events display could be filtered in some way. Priority makes sense to me, but by category or specific calendars could work too.

That way, you could set up Vueminder so that Upcoming Events would show actually important upcoming events, while the day and week views can still show minor daily events.

This would also allow the program to be more easily used as scheduler of sorts, which barring this minor annoyance it does a rather good job of.

Thanks in advance,

Drazn.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Hide Upcoming Events based on Priority

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi Drazn, welcome to the forums. You can filter events based on priority. Open the main VueMinder window, click the "Priorities" tab in the Calendar Items area of the window, and uncheck the boxes next to the priority levels you don't want to see. You can also do this for associated categories or calendars, or any combination of those. Events that have been filtered will not appear in the Upcoming Events list or any of the other calendar views.

For more details, please see the section titled "Filtering Calendar Items" in the documentation linked below:
https://www.vueminder.com/products/vuem ... rlist.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Drazn Rylokn

Post by Drazn Rylokn » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Thanks, and I didn't know you could do that.

However, this hides the calendar completely. I'm looking for something in middle here, where the events in a calendar is filtered just from the upcoming events display, but those events are still visible in the rest of the program.

Do you think this could be possible?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi Drazn, thank you for clarifying. There's currently no mechanism to specify a filter which would only affect events in the Upcoming Events list. I'll consider this for a future release.

In the meantime, you could use the "Events" tab on the main VueMinder window for listing upcoming events, and filter based on values in columns. This won't affect whether events are displayed elsewhere in the program. See the "Filtering Columns" section in the documentation linked below for more details:
https://www.vueminder.com/products/vuem ... tlist.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA