Active Desktop Calendar

General discussion about calendars and calendar software.
Sebastian42

Active Desktop Calendar

Post by Sebastian42 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 pm

Since Xemicomputers, the publishers of Active Desktop Calendar, have previously told me they are not likely to develop it any further, and now their email address bounces, I'm hoping there might be afficionados of ADC amongst the members of THIS forum, and if so that they maybe able to help me with an issue.
I have a wish for an improvement to ADC; but more importantly, I have recently been getting a pop-up from it that I would like to understand, and if possible prevent. I have tried to attach a screen shot of the popup. It says I need to enter an integer - but I can just close that box without completing the uninteligible instruction and seem none the worse for it.
Attachments
ADC integer.JPG
ADC integer.JPG (15.17 KiB) Viewed 377 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Active Desktop Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi Sebastian42, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with ADC so I'm not sure how to solve the problem you're seeing. That being said, since ADC no longer appears to be supported and isn't working properly for you, now might be the time to consider switching to something else. I'm obviously biased towards VueMinder, since I wrote it. VueMinder is still actively supported. I'm currently working on the next release, which will add the capability to sync 2-way with Microsoft 365 (or Office 365) calendars.

If you ever decide to look for something similar to ADC which runs locally on Windows, doesn't store your data on the cloud or sell your information to advertisers, and is still actively being improved, then I'd recommend VueMinder! ;)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Sebastian42

Re: Active Desktop Calendar

Post by Sebastian42 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:20 am

Thank you Dan.
ADC is still working very well, so I would NOT consider changing to another calendar. My post was just 'flying a kite' - I realise that the chance of finding an ADC user [who has a solution to my problem] is really small, but is greater than if I did not make the post.
I don't know how these things work, but am assuming that having made the post - it will now stay there indefinitely and may in time elicit a response to my actual problem.