Can't change page orientation

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MLML

Can't change page orientation

Post by MLML » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Dan,

I am unable to switch the page orientation from portrait to landscape. That option is grayed out no matter what type of (weekly, monthly, list, etc.). I tried shutting down and restarting since experience has taught me that sometimes works in any application, even if I don't know why, but still no luck.

I try to print a weekly calendar to post on our bulletin board as a quick reference for the family, but I forgot last week (the week ending today), so the last time I used the landscape orientation would have been at the very beginning of December, or possibly even late November for the following week. I can't remember if that was around the time of the last update or not... I remember there being one fairly recently, but the details are foggy.

I'm running VueMinder Ultimate 10.1.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can't change page orientation

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Lisa, I'm not sure why the page orientation option is disabled. Are you clicking the "Page Setup" button on the Print window? The Page Setup window is not something I wrote. It's part of the Windows operating system. If rebooting doesn't fix it, then my guess is that something happened to your printer driver to make Windows think the printer doesn't support landscape orientation.

Please try removing the printer via the Control Panel, and then re-install the printer driver. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MLML

Re: Can't change page orientation

Post by MLML » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks, Dan.

I got it straightened out. Somehow, the default printer had been changed. Once I reset that, everything works fine again.

Before I posted originally, I was confused because I was thinking I had been able to print landscape-oriented documents in other applications, but not VueMinder. So even though I also knew that the page setup is in Windows, I didn't actually do what I should have done, which is test printing in another application. Only later did I remember that I was basing my thinking on the fact that I had printed something that way YESTERDAY, not today. Not thinking it through made me guess incorrectly that something must have changed in VueMinder when it really had been a change elsewhere. Sorry!

Lisa