Unsync calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fscltp

Unsync calendar

Post by fscltp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Is it possible to unsync a calendar? I have tried to import an event calendar until I am blue in the face. It imports with all events but not with the colors. I have set it to export colors and import colors and view calendar. So I tried to import a calendar as a synched calendar and that imports perfectly.

However, if I make changes to the imported synch calendar, the same entry shows up in my original calendar and I do not want it to. I told the synched calendar to sync manually but it is not listening.

Here is the problem: there is not much room in a day cell (please make date number smaller and let us start entry right beside the date). I have three entries, but only two fit well. So the third event I figure I would use one of the empty cells before the first of the month for this third overflow. Account One gets their actual day in the son for two events and the lesser event gets one of the empty cells before the first of the month (have to use Photoshop to do this).

The calendar that Account Two gets will be reversed. The two events that are important to Account two will appear in the actual day and I will use Photoshop to put the third event in an empty cell before the first of the month.

Would like VueCalendar to do this automatically - let us put events in an empty cell before and after the first and last of the month.

But until that happens, is there any way I can import a synched calendar but not let it sync to make changes? I make the changes on the new imported Synched but my previous calendar is picking up new entries. And I don't have a network, so I don't share. And I ticked so only one of them is showing. Anything I can do?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unsync calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi fscltp, are you importing from Outlook? Can you clarify what the external source of the calendar is, so I can provide better instructions? If the calendar is syncing with Outlook after the import, open the Calendar Properties window. If you're not sure how to access the Calendar Properties window, please see the "How to Get Here" section in the top-right corner of the user documentation, linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ditor.html

On the Outlook tab, uncheck the box labeled "Synchronize this calendar with Microsoft Outlook". If I've misunderstood and the calendar is syncing with something else (maybe Google Calendar?), click the appropriate tab in the Calendar Properties. Most of the tabs related to external calendar sources will have a checkbox to disable syncing.

As for there not being enough room in the day cells, I assume you're referring to the Month view and that you either have 150% font scaling enabled or you're working on a tiny monitor. There should be enough room for 7 to 8 events when using the default settings on a 1920x1080 monitor with 100% font scaling.

Here are some things you can do to allow more events to fit within a day. I believe this will eliminate the need to do the workaround you described.
  • If you're using the Pro version, click the Month View Settings button. It looks like a gear and is located in the upper-right corner. Uncheck the option labeled "Word wrap".
  • Click the "Zoom In" button in the upper-right corner. This will decrease the number of week rows, allowing more space for the day cells because fewer week rows are shown.
  • If there still isn't enough space, maximize the window or switch to fullscreen mode by pressing F11 (assuming you are using version 10.0 or later).
  • Reduce the calendar font size in the Calendar Properties window. Try using a font size of 8 or smaller. That size should allow plenty of space for events to fit in a day.
  • Change your display properties in Windows to use a smaller font scaling, like 100% or 125%. If you have no idea what I'm referring to, see the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... or-smaller
Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA