Version 10.1.0 - Translation error/missing translations/GUI

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Frank Krank

Version 10.1.0 - Translation error/missing translations/GUI

Post by Frank Krank » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Suggestions/Bugs

The following is not translated/cannot be translated:

[ ] Warn if a reminder is snoozed past the start time (menu Options -> Reminders -> Reminders and Event Completion).

The complete dialog box in Tools -> Customize Menues and Keyboards is not translated/cannot be translated.

In my opinion the menu View -> Color Events Using... should not have ... (dots). Compare menu Edit -> Prioritize or Day Background etc.).
Maybe I'm a bit odd in this but I think a kind of standard was/is(?): (Only) if a new dialog follows on a menu item then there should be trailing dots ... (anyway, I think they should not appear in a "random" way).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Version 10.1.0 - Translation error/missing translations/

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi Frank, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.
[ ] Warn if a reminder is snoozed past the start time (menu Options -> Reminders -> Reminders and Event Completion).
I've corrected this for the next version.
The complete dialog box in Tools -> Customize Menues and Keyboards is not translated/cannot be translated.
The toolbar customization dialog comes from a 3rd party component (Infragistics), which doesn't provide any mechanism to translate the dialog. I have this on my list of things to fix.
In my opinion the menu View -> Color Events Using... should not have ... (dots). Compare menu Edit -> Prioritize or Day Background etc.).
I like to end menu commands with "..." when the menu option is continued to make a complete sentence, such as "Color events using category colors.". The "..." splits the first and second parts of the sentence. Maybe this doesn't translate well for other languages, but I think it makes sense when using English.

I believe you are correct that most programs end menu commands with "..." only when a new window will appear. I'll update VueMinder to be consistent and will post a reply when this is completed.

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Frank Krank

Post by Frank Krank » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

Many thanks for the very fast reply :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Version 10.1.1 has been released. This version fixes the menu commands to be consistent with the standard convention of ending with "..." when another window will be opened within VueMinder. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

Thanks again for the feedback and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA