Won't Automatically Sync Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rikmar67

Won't Automatically Sync Google Calendar

Post by rikmar67 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm

I have just installed the free version for testing. I have added my Google Calendar successfully. However, changes I make to my Google Calendar are not automatically synced to VueMinder. I have to manually sync, performing a CTL-F5 or manually syncing from the VueMinder desktop. Within the Calendar Properties it does have the check mark next to Sync Automatically. Why is this not working?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Won't Automatically Sync Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi rikmar67, welcome to the forums. The Lite version is limited to automatically syncing every 15 minutes. If you’d like faster auto-syncing, the Pro version will automatically sync within 15-30 seconds of any changes. The Pro version can also sync in both directions, so changes made locally in VueMinder can appear in Google Calendar. Also, the changes will appear on any other computers or mobile devices that are syncing with the same Google Calendar.

Besides improved syncing, the Pro version also adds many other features not available in the Lite version. The following page provides a side-by-side comparison:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... comparison

If you’d like to try the Pro version, you can upgrade to a fully functional trial by clicking the “Upgrade” button at the top of the VueMinder Lite window. All existing data will be preserved and accessible in the Pro trial. Also, if you decide to return to the Lite version, you can uninstall the Pro trial and reinstall the Lite version without losing any events created while using the Pro trial.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rikmar67

Re: Won't Automatically Sync Google Calendar

Post by rikmar67 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, it does seem to be syncing now. At first it seemed a lot longer than 15 minutes to sync, but now it seems to be consistent. Thank you for your assistance.