requests Google access daily

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dansx6

requests Google access daily

Post by dansx6 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

I have my VueMinder synced up with my Google Calendar. I had no problems for over a year but starting a week or two ago a window pops up at least once a day requesting access to google and I have to go through the process of allowing access (paste code, etc.). Is there a way I can do this once and forget it?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: requests Google access daily

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi dansx6, welcome to the forums. I don’t know why you need to keep re-enabling access. VueMinder saves a “refresh token” so the user shouldn’t be asked to provide access again for a long time (several months, at least). The refresh token is saved to a file named “vueminder.google.auth”, which is located in the data folder path specified in the Program Options.

If multiple computers are writing to the same file location, that might be causing the refresh token to become invalidated. The data folder should be private to each computer.

Another user reported that when using Cisco Webex Connect for IM, it’s somehow interfering with the refresh token and calendar authorization. Exiting the IM service before authorizing VueMinder solved the problem in their case. After authorizing VueMinder, they were able to restart the IM service and all was well.

If you're not using Cisco Webex, have you started using any other software within the last couple weeks? Maybe something else is conflicting?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dansx6

Re: requests Google access daily

Post by dansx6 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Thank you for your response. I am not using Cisco Webex Connect for IM and the only software that I have installed recently is Turbotax, although I am not sure how that would interfere.