Vueminder data problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
brianvic

Vueminder data problems

Post by brianvic » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Dan

I have a strange issue with my data. Tonight when I ran Vueminder it told me there was a data error and did I want to restore from a backup. When I chose yes and went to the Restore window to choose a backup I noted that the last 3 auto backups had 0 events, 246 tasks, 0 notes and 271 contacts.

The last good backup was yesterday at 17:27 where it shows 184 events, 33 tasks, 0 notes and 271 contacts. However, when I restore one of the good backups Vueminder doesn't reload the events as events, but places all events in the tasks tab. All settings, such as Category and colour, still appear to be set although I can't see them in the edit window (the category is blank). If I open one of the events it opens as a task. I tried to attach a couple of images to show you what I'm getting, but the forum wouldn't let me.

It doesn't seem to matter how far back I go with the backups the result is always the same, the events are always shown as tasks.

The only things to have changed over night were a Windows update and a program update to my anti-virus.

My PC and OS:
Intel Q9550, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, Avast Anti-virus - version 8.0.1483 (updated 14-03-2013 08:39:36), VueMinder Pro 10.1.6

I have tried running the VueMinder installer to repair the installation, which didn't work. I have also uninstalled VueMinder and re-installed with no change.

I hope you can suggest a solution. At least I still have my events, but I don't fancy having to manually re-enter them all into a fresh installation.

Brian

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder data problems

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi Brian, have you tried rebooting before restoring the data? Does that fix it? If not, could you send me the most recent backup that has data, so I can see what's happening? The file can be sent to support@vueminder.com. All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be removed as soon as I've finished diagnosing the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA