Google Calendar authorization required multiple times

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
landroverphile

Google Calendar authorization required multiple times

Post by landroverphile » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 am

Hello,

I love Vueminder - great product and I bought 2 of the Pro editions.

Every time I open VueM i get an authorization request box for Google Calendar...how can I get Google Calendar to authorize Vueminder permanently to allow ongoing access....gets tedious otherwise...

Many thanks
Rover

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Calendar authorization required multiple times

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi Rover, I don’t know why you need to keep re-enabling access. VueMinder saves a “refresh token” so the user shouldn’t be asked to provide access again for a long time (several months, at least). The refresh token is saved to a file named “vueminder.google.auth”, which is located in the data folder path specified in the Program Options.

If multiple computers are writing to the same file location, that might be causing the refresh token to become invalidated. The data folder should be private to each computer.

Another user reported that when using Cisco Webex Connect for IM, it’s somehow interfering with the refresh token and calendar authorization. Exiting the IM service before authorizing VueMinder solved the problem in their case. After authorizing VueMinder, they were able to restart the IM service and all was well.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ericrep

Post by ericrep » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:13 am

I'm having a similar problem. Normally authorization lasts for weeks or months. But I've had to reauthorize 4 times in the past 3 days.

I'm running v10.1.8 on three Windows 7 Pro computers and two Galaxy S3 phones. The data folder path on all three computers is local on each (D:\VueMinder\) so there shouldn't be a problem with multiple computers writing to the same file location.

I am using WebEx multiple days each week but I was also doing that when the authorization was not having this problem.

Thanks,
Eric

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm having a similar problem. Normally authorization lasts for weeks or months. But I've had to reauthorize 4 times in the past 3 days.
Since nothing has changed in VueMinder regarding how authorization works, I believe something might have happened on Google's side. Also, I've been unable to duplicate the behavior, so it's difficult to determine what Google keeps changing that causes the authorization to fail on some computers.

In any case, I'll continue to investigate the problem and will post a reply if I find the error is something I can fix in VueMinder. Also, a new version of the Google OAuth 2.0 API was just released, so I'll update the next version of VueMinder to use the new API. Maybe that will fix the problem. I'll post a reply when this is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 am

Version 11.0 has been updated to use the latest Google OAuth2 API. This also simplifies how access is granted, eliminating the need to copy/paste an authorization code. I believe this update will fix all the authorization problems that have been seen in version 10.1.9.

Version 11.0 is currently in beta testing. If you'd like an early look, you can download the beta here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1263
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Version 11.0 is now available. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

If you notice any problems syncing with Google, make sure Windows has all the latest updates. Specifically, KB2468871 is required. It can be downloaded here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871
Dan Chartrand, Founder