Event duplicating when completed

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MobyUK

Event duplicating when completed

Post by MobyUK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 am

Hi. Recently a small problem has occurred. For example, I have monthly recurring event. When I mark the current instance as completed, the entry duplicates itself......only the current instance. Both entries show as completed and future events are not affected. The same thing will occur when the next instance is marked as completed.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event duplicating when completed

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi MobyUK, welcome to the forums. Are you using the latest version (10.1.7)?

Does the event belong to a calendar that is synced with anything else? If so, can you provide more detail? For example, is the calendar synced with both Outlook and Google Calendar? I'm unable to duplicate the problem, but any details about how the calendar is synced will at least point me in the correct direction for debugging the problem.

If the calendar isn't synced with anything else, could you try deleting the series and recreating it? Does the same thing happen, or does that fix it? Maybe something is messed up with the series.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MobyUK

Post by MobyUK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:56 am

Hi Dan.
I'm using 10.1.7 and I'm only synced with Google calendars.
Just to update the problem, It seems it may be when the event occurs that the duplicate appears, rather when I mark it complete.
It isn't limited to one recurring event. Having said that, I can't remember if it happens to all recurring events. I'll have to check when some more trigger later this week.
All recurring events do have email reminders set.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 am

Hmm, I'm not sure why duplicates are appearing. Could you try deleting the calendar from VueMinder and then re-add it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu? Does that clear up the behavior?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA