Server Inaccessible

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rickzipser

Server Inaccessible

Post by rickzipser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am

I noticed that I was not syncing with other calendar members at home. This is actually true to everyone. When I go to share/ share to local network it tells me that my server is inaccessible or offline. How do I correct this?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Server Inaccessible

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi rickzipser, welcome to the forums. The "Server is offline" status is usually due to a communication problem, which may be related to the firewall software on your server. All the following exceptions are needed, for both inbound and outbound connections.
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.VUESOFT\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
• TCP ports 1434 and 1451

If you've correctly configured the firewall settings, or totally disabled to firewall to see if would make any difference, but the server is still not detected, use the "SQL Server Configuration Manager" command on the Start menu. Make sure both "SQL Server Browser" and "SQL Server (VUESOFT)" are running and configured to start automatically. If necessary, right-click these processes and select the "Properties" command to adjust their settings. After doing this, run the VueMinder Server Setup again, so it can finish installing the database.

If it still doesn’t work, you can install SQL Server 2008 manually by using the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=23650

When installing manually, enter the instance name VUESOFT. Also be sure to set the SQL Browser service startup type to Automatic. It defaults to being disabled. Those are the only things you’ll need to enter that are different than the defaults. After installing SQL Server, run VueMinder Server Setup again. As long as you named the instance VUESOFT during the SQL Server installation, VueMinder Server should detect a compatible server and install the VueMinder database.

Additional troubleshooting tips can be found on the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php#troubleshooting

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you're still unable to get it to work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA