synchronizing tasks does not work

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Nibuki

synchronizing tasks does not work

Post by Nibuki » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 am

Hello,

I have installed Vueminder on my PC and my win8 tablet. On both computers I added the tasklist of my google-calendar (both computers ary synchronizing the calendars with google correctly). But while the synch works fine on my PC, it does not an my tablet. Nothing happens when I try to synchronize the task-list which I installed the same way as I did on my PC. I do not get any webpage to allow access, but I did not get one on my PC either (but there it works fine).

Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: synchronizing tasks does not work

Post by VueSoft » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Nibuki, welcome to the forums. Could you try deleting the task calendar on your tablet and then re-add it using the "Add Google Tasks" command? Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Nibuki

Post by Nibuki » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I deleted the task calendar and re-added it, but still no change. I chose the right list, thats for sure. In the menu where you add a task-calendar it says that the calendar is waiting to be synced automatically but nothing happens ( maybe my translation is not quite correct, I use the german translation). When I click sync now, nothing happens. Manually synchronizing does not work either. As the other calendars sync correctly on my tablet I'm confused. The same procedure worked fine on my PC. Is there anything differnt to synchronizing the tasks compared to synchronizing the normal calendars? Is there any option I might have set wrong? Currently I have two tasks saved online and I can see them on my PC. Vueminder installed on my tablet says there are no tasks in that list so obviously it does not synchronize. There is also no notice of the date and time of the last synchronization for the task-calendar on my tablet, but for all other calendars. Also the version on my PC tells me the last date and time for the synchronization of the task-calendar.
At my workplace we have a wlan-network my tablet connects to. But as I did not yet set the proxy correctly vueminder cannot connect und synchronize, so I often get the notice to verify my google-account. I always close the window then because I can't connect anyway there (again at home everything works fine besides the task-calendar). Could that have anything to do with my problem?

Best wishes

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi Nibuki, I believe the failed connection while you're at work might have something to do with the problem. Try completely exiting and restarting VueMinder on your tablet while at home, or restart the tablet. After doing this, I believe the task calendar will sync properly.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Nibuki

Post by Nibuki » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 am

Great, I simply restarted my tablet and the problem was solved. :-) Thank you! Maybe restarting ones tablet from time to time is a good idea... Anyway, thanks again!