Sharing calendars on NAS?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Lorenzo

Sharing calendars on NAS?

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 pm

I need to share a calendar among a few computers on a home network so I can access it from the study, from the shed or from the kitchen.

I understand that the Pro version now requires installation of a server in order to share a calendar.

Unfortunately on this network no computer is permanently on, and therefore no computer can be used as a server.

Ideally, I would like to save the calendar on the NAS and access it from the different computers. In theory, no concurrent access should occur (I cannot be in two places at the same time), but is this the recommended course of action? If not, what could I do?

Synching with a Google calendar is also not feasible (unreliable internet access here).

Lorenzo

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sharing calendars on NAS?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Lorenzo, if you don't need concurrent access from multiple computers, you could use the Pro USB version, which can be copied to your NAS. The USB version doesn't need to be installed. It can run directly from your NAS, which is also where the data will be saved. You'd see exactly the same data on every computer - no syncing required. Just make sure to exit VueMinder on one computer before starting it on another.

Based on what you describe, I think this would be the best solution for your needs.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA