default calendar for new events; reminder defaults

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
NormC

default calendar for new events; reminder defaults

Post by NormC » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 am

The Help documentation states under the topic "Calendar Icons" that "The active calendar will show a black selection indicator. This will be the default calendar when creating new events."

In 10.1.9, even though I choose a given calendar as the active calendar by selecting it from the list under My Calendars, a different calendar is always the default when creating a new event. That particular calendar happens to be a native VM calendar, and does not change regardless of the position of the calendar within the My Calendars list, nor which other calendar I select to be the default.

Having opened a new event window with the wrong default calendar, then selecting the desired calendar from the New Event Calendar pulldown list, the reminder defaults do not change to those of the selected calendar. Changing the selection to another calendar, then back again to the desired calendar finally results in the correct reminder defaults.

NormC

Re: default calendar for new events; reminder defaults

Post by NormC » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:33 pm

I did some further research, and find that the default calendar problem is not with VM but with the help file to which I referred. It does not reflect the new way to select (and lock) the default calendar that was introduced in V10.

The other problem I reported is no longer an issue for me after changing the default calendar to my Google calendar which has default Reminder settings. If I switch the event's calendar to one without default reminder settings, then the reminder settings immediately disappear.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: default calendar for new events; reminder defaults

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi NormC, the documentation needs to be updated to describe how the default calendar selection works. I have updating the documentation on my to-do list.

I apologize for the confusion. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA