Default Categories Not Saved

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MLML

Default Categories Not Saved

Post by MLML » Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Default categories that I create are not being saved. Default titles, times, etc. seem to be saved. Any ideas?

Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Default Categories Not Saved

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi Lisa, can you clarify? Are you picking a default category on the Event Defaults tab of the Calendar Properties window?

When you create a new event associated with that calendar, the event should be automatically associated with the default category that was specified in the Calendar Properties. Are you not seeing this happen? Are you certain you are creating new events that are associated with the same calendar that you configured with a default category? Each calendar can have its own default category for new events.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MLML

Post by MLML » Wed May 15, 2013 8:24 am

Dan,

When I go into the Calendar Properties for any of my calendars and then, using the Event Defaults tab to set specific defaults for that calendar, my selections for default duration, start time and title are saved. My selection for default category is not saved in the Calendar Properties. (I don't use default priority, location or recurrence.)

Then when I create a new event in any of the calendars to which I have assigned defaults, everything but the category is associated.

I've been using VueMinder for at least two years and have used my own categories and set defaults for most of that time. This behavior started just recently... exactly when, I don't know, because I had all the categories set up and thought they still were working until one day I noticed one calendar had not categories. Even though it didn't make sense given that the calendar was set up long ago, I thought I must have neglected to set the default in that particular calendar. But that did prompt me to look at other calendars and find that none of my default categories were associated with their calendars any longer. So I went back to redo every calendar and category association, but they aren't "sticking."

Thanks.

Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Lisa, I'm not sure why the default category isn't "sticking". I've been unable to duplicate the problem in my testing, but I'll continue to investigate the problem and will let you know if I determine what is causing it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MLML

Post by MLML » Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks, Dan.

I've also started receiving repeated requests to allow access to my Google calendar. (That started later, not at the same time.)

Lisa

MLML

Post by MLML » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Dan,

I thought I'd let you know that I seem to have found a way to make my default categories "stick." I went back into the Calendar Properties for all of my calendars and after setting the desired category or categories, I changed one of the properties on the left (duration, start time or recurrence pattern) to anything else and then changed it back to where I wanted it to be. It seems that, for whatever reason, setting any other property's default AFTER making category selection, but BEFORE closing the Calendar Properties window somehow made the category settings "stick." They have been fine for nearly a month now. However, since my categories had been set and working for a very long time before this odd behavior started, I suppose it may not be a permanent fix.

Unfortunately, I continue to receive repeated requests for Google Calendar access. I have this behavior with both the Pro and USB Pro versions, though it seems to be more frequent in the USB version. There is no apparent relationship to anything else. Sometimes I will get two requests within 5 minutes and then none for several hours. Every 30-60 minutes is a common time span and I never go an entire day without at least a few requests. It has become quite an annoyance, especially since it used to be something that never happened after the initial sync set-up request.

Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi Lisa, thank you for the information. Are you using the latest version (10.1.9)? I'm unable to duplicate the problem with the default category not sticking if other default settings aren't also changed. if you're using an older version, maybe this is something that has been fixed in 10.1.9.

Regarding the Google authorization window, I'm not seeing this happen either. Please confirm your Google account security is NOT configured for 2-step verification. If you're using 1-step verification, the problem you're seeing might be due to changes Google has made on their end. The next version of VueMinder will use the latest Google API and should (hopefully) fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MLML

Post by MLML » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Dan,

Yes, I am using version 10.1.9.

(Just as I was typing that, I got one of the requests.)

And 2-step verification has not been turned on in my Google account.

Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi Lisa, thank you for the information. The next version should fix this. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:42 am

Unfortunately, I continue to receive repeated requests for Google Calendar access. I have this behavior with both the Pro and USB Pro versions, though it seems to be more frequent in the USB version. There is no apparent relationship to anything else. Sometimes I will get two requests within 5 minutes and then none for several hours. Every 30-60 minutes is a common time span and I never go an entire day without at least a few requests. It has become quite an annoyance, especially since it used to be something that never happened after the initial sync set-up request.
Version 11.0 has been updated to use the latest Google Calendar API. It includes a number of corrections to how access is authorized and should fix the problem you're seeing.

Version 11.0 is currently in beta testing. If you'd like an early look, you can download the 11.0 beta here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1263

Please let me know if you still see the problem after updating to 11.0.
Dan Chartrand, Founder