Link Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
shawnam

Link Events

Post by shawnam » Sun May 26, 2013 7:07 am

Hi Dan,

Firstly thank you so much for VueMinder it has been a great help in coordinating the work I do.

I have encouraged my boss to download the trial version and give it a test so that we can be more effective.

I have two quick questions...

:arrow: If we link two (or more) events and then the first is postponed, can the second (and any other following event) automatically be postponed by the same number of days?

i.e. if I have a training scheduled on 23rd June with the enterprise team and then another training on 25th June with the Institutional Support team. If we postpone the first training to the 25th June can the second training be automatically moved to the 27th June?

:arrow: In the ultimate version, when creating additional fields is it possible to have a predefined drop down list and select multiple selections?

Regards,

Neil

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Link Events

Post by VueSoft » Sun May 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Neil, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.
If we link two (or more) events and then the first is postponed, can the second (and any other following event) automatically be postponed by the same number of days?
Unfortunately, this can't be done with events. However, I have this on my list of planned improvements. In the meantime, you can use tasks instead of events. A task can be defined so it starts when another task is completed or due. If the other task is rescheduled, any other tasks that are dependent on the rescheduled task will be automatically rescheduled. See the link below for more information:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... #Start_Due
In the ultimate version, when creating additional fields is it possible to have a predefined drop down list and select multiple selections?
Unfortunately, this is not currently an option. However, it's a good idea and I've added this to my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when this feature is available.

Thanks again for your feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA