Synchronize with Windows Live (Outlook.com)

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Lorenzo

Synchronize with Windows Live (Outlook.com)

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 am

I want to synchronize my ViewMinder calendar with the Windows Live calendar on my outlook.COM account, because that would allow me to synchronize with my Windows Phone.

I thought that I could publish an ics file somewhere, and subscribe the Windows Live Calendar to it. However, Windows Live Calendar does not refresh subscriptions very often. AAMOF, it's been 48 hours since it did it, and the exercise seems pointless.

I suppose I could synchronise using Google Calendar, but 1) I don't know how long Windows Phone will synch with Google, 2) I don't want Google to know what I am doing, 3) I use Outlook.com (Windows Live) for a lot of other things.

Is there a way I can synchronise with Windows Live directly? Without going through Outlook?
I'm using the Pro edition.

Thanks

Lorenzo

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Synchronize with Windows Live (Outlook.com)

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Lorenzo, unfortunately VueMinder doesn't yet support 2-way syncing with Outlook.com. I have this on my list of planned improvements.

In the meantime, if you don't want to sync with Google Calendar, you could upgrade to VueMinder Ultimate and sync with Exchange Online (part of Office 365). Windows Phone can sync with Exchange Online. I believe Outlook.com can as well.

See the topic linked below for instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... 4325#p4320
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Synchronize with Windows Live (Outlook.com)

Post by VueSoft » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi Lorenzo, VueMinder 2020.04 has been released and adds the ability to sync 2-way with Outlook.com (Microsoft 365). This feature is provided in both the Pro and Ultimate versions. Please see the page linked below for more details about this improvement:
https://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/wha ... -calendars
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA