help modifyng read-only events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

help modifyng read-only events

Post by simona70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 pm

I have some read-only event.
Can I remove read-only flag?
I must modify category.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Re: help modifyng read-only events

Post by simona70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 pm

I did Load form predefined and all was ok :-)
Thanks, resolved.
Bye.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi simona, I'm not sure what you mean by "load form predefined", but I'm glad you figured it out.

For anyone else that is wondering how to make a read-only event editable, here's how...

If the event belongs to a calendar that is synced with Google Calendar, open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar’s name and then set the sync direction to “2-way” on the Google Calendar tab. If the calendar is only synced 1-way (from Google to VueMinder) it will be read-only because any changes you make would get overwritten the next time the calendar syncs. Note, 2-way syncing requires the Pro or Ultimate version (not Lite). Your Google account also needs to have write access to the calendar if it's shared by another Google account.

If you’re seeing the read-only events in a calendar that is subscribed to an online source, open the Calendar Properties and click the “Subscribe” tab. Uncheck the box at the top of the Subscribe tab to convert to a local calendar that can be edited. Note, the calendar will no longer update to match the remote calendar after disabling the subscription.

It's also possible the event has been locked to prevent accidental editing. To unlock an event, right-click the event and uncheck the "Locked" option in the popup menu. You can also open the event and
toggle the Lock button on the toolbar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:21 pm

I did this:
what I did
what I did
file.jpg (145.13 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
Simona Pisano