Copying from Event Popup

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JaxWeather

Copying from Event Popup

Post by JaxWeather » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 am

I am evaluating VueMinder (to replace xReminder on Windows 8) and one issue I am having is not being able to copy from the POPup reminder...

ie... I have many reminders that contain an URL so i can check certain web site content and I don't see a way to copy the URL from the POPup so I can paste it into my Browser location bar.

I am using VueMinder Free right now for evaluation...

Thanks,
Bob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Copying from Event Popup

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi Bob, welcome to the forums. FYI, the Lite version is missing many of the features in the Pro and Ultimate versions, which are available as fully-functional 45-day trials. Please don't judge the paid versions based on what you see in the Lite version.

That being said, the Pro and Ultimate versions provide the ability to show a web page directly in the popup reminder. In other words, you can specify a URL for the reminder and when that reminder comes due, the webpage automatically appears. This setting is on the "Content" tab under "Show a Popup Reminder" when editing an event. Check the box labeled "Display a web page" and then enter the desired URL.

Another option would be to check the box labeled "Show the event details and links", and put the URL (along with any other relevant information) in the event description. When the reminder appears, you'll see all the event details and its description in the reminder window. Any hyperlinks contained in the description will be clickable and will open in your default web browser.

I believe both of these options are far more convenient than copying a URL from the reminder window and then manually opening a web browser to paste the URL. You can find more information about these reminder settings in the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... inder.html

You can upgrade to a fully functional trial of the Pro version by clicking the “Upgrade” button at the top of the VueMinder Lite window. All existing data will be preserved and accessible in the Pro trial. Also, if you decide to return to the Lite version, you can uninstall the Pro trial (via the Control Panel) and reinstall the Lite version without losing any events created while using the Pro trial.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA