Publishing/Subscribing and Duplicates

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
IanS

Publishing/Subscribing and Duplicates

Post by IanS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Ian, version 11.0 handles event deletions differently when calendars are both published and subscribed. Some people were reporting a problem with new events immediately disappearing after being added to a calendar that is published and subscribed. Version 11.0 fixes that problem.

However, if your Calendarsync app is also publishing and subscribing the same calendar, it's possible you could end up with duplicate events when you delete events from within VueMinder due to incompatibilities with how deleted events are now synced.

You could probably work around this problem by deleting the events on your Android device rather than from within VueMinder. You could also sync through Google Calendar, which should work perfectly in version 11.0.
Tried V11, and have seen the earlier problem reappear. Even old events that had previously been deleted (and had stayed deleted when I reverted to 10.1.19) have now reappeared (just as they did with 10.2 beta)

I then tried deleting those reappeared (and sometimes duplicated ) events from Android (the Calendarsync app had not been changed recently), but they reappeared on Vueminder.

I will revert back to 10.1.19 for now, I had been reticent about using Google Calendar due to what seemed to be a number of issues with it, and annoyingly the current sync process that I have has worked flawlessly with 10.1 (all versions). But things change .....

Have now migrated to Google Calendar - once all devices have been done, I will report back.
Last edited by IanS on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Publishing/Subscribing and Duplicates

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:34 am

Hi Ian, I'll add an option when publishing/subscribing calendars so they will handled deleted events like they did in v10, which will maintain compatibility with external syncing tools. I'll let you know when this improvement is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

IanS

Re: VueMinder 11.0 Beta

Post by IanS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:13 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Ian, version 11.0 handles event deletions differently when calendars are both published and subscribed. Some people were reporting a problem with new events immediately disappearing after being added to a calendar that is published and subscribed. Version 11.0 fixes that problem.

However, if your Calendarsync app is also publishing and subscribing the same calendar, it's possible you could end up with duplicate events when you delete events from within VueMinder due to incompatibilities with how deleted events are now synced.

You could probably work around this problem by deleting the events on your Android device rather than from within VueMinder. You could also sync through Google Calendar, which should work perfectly in version 11.0.
I've moved all devices over to sync with Google Calendar - all seem OK now on V11 - thanks for your help

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Ian, I'll add an option when publishing/subscribing calendars so they will handled deleted events like they did in v10, which will maintain compatibility with external syncing tools. I'll let you know when this improvement is completed.
Sorry Dan, I edited my post and have now gone over to using Google Calendar for syncing - all working fine across three PCs and two android phones.

But thanks for the excellent and responsive support there. :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:50 am

FYI, this problem has been fixed for 11.0.1. A pre-release beta is available if you're interested. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1286
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Version 11.0.1 has been officially released. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder