What happened to the calendar colors?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ericrep

What happened to the calendar colors?

Post by ericrep » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 am

I just upgraded to version 11 and all of my event colors are trashed... can you help me get them back the way they used to be?

I have three computers (2 desktops always on and 1 laptop only on occasionally) plus two phones (Galaxy S3). I use Google calendar to sync the calendars between the devices. But other than syncing, I never use Google calendar and don't really care what it looks like.

But I have 7 event lists with custom colors in VueMinder. Most of them use the Vertical Bump with a custom grey border, white fill, and a unique text color. It's subtle but still easy to tell who an event is for.

As soon as the upgrade loaded, all of the events changed to a solid background color with white or black text. It's ugly and hard to read.

I tried going through every calendar and changing the colors back. But a few seconds after I do that, the colors snap back to the ugly Google colors.

I tried editing the color settings in Google but don't see support for anything other than flat background colors with "light" or "dark" text.

How can I get VueMinder to stop using the Google colors and keep the colors I define?

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: What happened to the calendar colors?

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:26 am

Hi eric, thanks for the feedback. Version 11 will sync calendar colors with Google. However, it appears there's a bug with how the appearances are synced. The custom gradients and secondary background colors in VueMinder might be lost if multiple computers are syncing with the same Google Calendar.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll fix this in the next version and will let you know when it's available (shouldn't be long).
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ericrep

Post by ericrep » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Dan -
Thanks for the quick response! I'll look forward to the next update.
Eric

User

Post by User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 am

Same problem here. How can I get the old colors back? Restore from backups doesn't bring the old colors back.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:21 pm

The problem has been fixed for the next version, which I'll try to get released later this week.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 am

A correction for syncing calendar colors with Google Calendar is now available in the 11.0.1 beta, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=1286
Dan Chartrand, Founder

User

Post by User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:09 am

11.0.1 beta only works with certain colors. Most colors are not accepted after syncing with Google Calendar. Is that how it should work?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:56 am

Are you referring to the entire calendar color, or custom colors for individual events? VueMinder should be able to sync any color for the overall calendar colors. I did find a problem in the beta with the secondary color sometimes not syncing properly. This has been corrected for the official release.

As for custom colors on individual events, Google Calendar is still limited to the palette that individual events can use. You might be seeing VueMinder attempt to match the closest color in the limited palette.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

User

Post by User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 am

VueSoft wrote:Are you referring to the entire calendar color, or custom colors for individual events?
I'm referring to the entire calendar color.
VueSoft wrote:I did find a problem in the beta with the secondary color sometimes not syncing properly.
Here the text color (only black and white) and the primary color are affected.
Last edited by User on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:28 pm

The problem should be fixed in 11.0.1. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder