Using Gmail with Vue minder

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VetMed

Using Gmail with Vue minder

Post by VetMed » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 am

How do i seamless sync gmail with Vue minder. My set up has Vue minder pulling tasks and appointments from gmail. I complete said tasks and appointments using Vue minder. So I want two way syncing without have gmail reactivating my tasks once completed. Thanks for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Using Gmail with Vue minder

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi VetMed, what you describe is how it's supposed to work. Are you seeing different behavior?

Note, when you complete a task in VueMinder, the default behavior is to sync that change within 1 hour. This is different than events, which automatically sync within 40 seconds.

You can manually sync and force the update to appear in Google Mail (and Google Calendar) by right-clicking the task calendar in VueMinder and selecting "Sync Calendar" from the popup menu. If Google Mail is open in your web browser, reload the page so you can see the change.

Please let me know if that doesn't work or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VetMed

Post by VetMed » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:15 am

The problem I am having is that completed appointments in Vue Minder are getting overridden by outlook and GMAIL. For example, I completed all appointments for Tuesday. When I sync today, the appointments show up on Vue minder and not being completed.
Thanks again for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:08 am

Are you syncing Outlook with Google Calendar? If so, are you doing this through a 3rd party tool? Most likely, that tool is completely overwriting the extended properties that VueMinder adds to Google events. One of those properties is the completion state.

If you're using an external tool to sync Outlook and Google Calendar, try disabling that tool. You can configure VueMinder to keep both Outlook and Google Calendar in sync, which should prevent the completion state from being overwritten.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA