Missing events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dbutcher

Missing events

Post by dbutcher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Dan,
not sure where to go with this one.
The attached *.ics calendar file has 2 events, 4464 and 4470, but only event 4470 shows in VueMinder (Pro 11.0.2)
Both events were generated the same way, and both show up when I view through Thunderbird/Lightning.
I'd like to provide you with some more information to go on, but frankly I don't see anything wrong with either event, and don't know where to turn next. {scratching head]
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Dave
Attachments
Line8.ics.txt
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Missing events

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Dave, when I imported the file both events appeared as expected.

Looking at what's in the file, I don't see any difference between the events that would explain why you're only seeing one of the events. Could you try deleting the calendar from VueMinder and then re-add it? Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 am

Hi Dan,
Exiting and restarting VueMinder has restored all the events.
Before restarting, I had tried to re-sync the calendar manually, but this did not help.

I'm not sure what happened, but will let you know if I find anything else.
Thanks,
Dave

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Dan,
I think there is still a gremlin here.
I reported in my previous post that restarting VueMinder was enough to fix the problem. This is not true. I also rebooted my machine. This is a Win7 machine running VueMinder 11.0.2 Pro. This morning, I upgraded to ver 11.0.3. I have not noticed any problems since.

On a different computer, we are running WinXP with VueMinder 11.0.2 (trial version). This calendar was also missing some events, but *not* the same events. So far, it appears random. I can not see any clue as to why some events do not appear.
I stopped and restarted VueMinder, but this did *not* fix the problem.
However, I also upgraded to 11.0.3 (still trial version) and when VueMinder restarted the problem was corrected. I did not reboot this machine.

Just to complete the details in case there is something significant here: both VueMinders are subscribed to 14 *.ics files, each one representing one of our production lines. The subscriptions are set to renew every 15 minutes. Each calendar reports that it has updated the subscription properly, and there are no errors reported.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Regards,
Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi Dave, thank you for the information. Could you let me know if the problem resurfaces while using 11.0.3? I made some corrections to subscriptions in 11.0.3 that might explain why it's working now.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Dan,
It's still happening...
I've attached 3 files: the *.ics that we are subscribing to. This file contains 6 events.
A screen capture from VueMinder showing only 5 events. "4370" is missing.
A screen capture from Thunderbird/Lightning showing 6 events.

Just spit-balling here. 4370 would be the 4th event with a start time of today at 7am. Is there some kind of limit on concurrent events?

Please let me know if I can provide anything else.
Regards,
Dave
Attachments
events-Lightning.jpg
events-Lightning.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 5113 times
events-VueMinder.jpg
events-VueMinder.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 5113 times
Line1.ics.txt
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Also from today, Line10.ics contains 14 events, but only 13 appear in VueMinder.
"2108" is missing.
I've attached the ICS file, but didn't bother with the screen capture - I assumed you would take my word for it.
As before, all events appear in Thunderbird/Lightning. So I don't think it is a problem with the data itself, but something in the way that VueMinder is handling the subscription updates.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Regards,
Dave
Attachments
Line10.ics.txt
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Dan,
I'm still messing around trying to figure this out.
This afternoon, I added 3 events to Line1.ics The added events show up in VueMinder properly, but "4370" is still missing.

So the calendar subscription is updating itself correctly. But once it's decided to ignore an event, that event seems to stay ignored, even though the rest of the calendar is updated.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Dave, do you see the event in the Day, Week, or Month view? I'm wondering if there's a problem with the Event List not properly refreshing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dbutcher

Post by dbutcher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi Dan,
thanks for looking into this.
No, the event is not in any view.
If I hover over the calendar ("Calendar Items" tab on left side of screen, mouse hover over this calendar), the info popup reads:
Line 01
Contains 8 events.
All events belonging to this calendar are displayed.
Subscription updated: 18.Feb.14 14:08

However, the calendar *.ics file contains 9 events. (The file I uploaded this morning had 6 events, and I added 3 more this afternoon.)

Regards,
Dave