Calendar not showing on desktop

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
BlueProteus

Calendar not showing on desktop

Post by BlueProteus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm trying out the lite version, and am having no luck getting the calendar to show up on the desktop.

I have Desktop Calendar (Full) selected, but there's nothing there. If I switch to Desktop Calendar (Mini) the small version shows up. But if I switch back to Full it vanishes.

Any idea what causes this?

Windows 7 64 bit, multi-monitor setup

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar not showing on desktop

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi BlueProteus, did the full Desktop Calendar appear at any point since installing, or has it never appeared? Maybe a reboot will fix it.

If rebooting doesn't solve the problem, there could be something wrong with the program settings which save where the Desktop Calendar is located. Please try these steps:

1. Open the main VueMinder window by double-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray.

2. On the Options menu, click “Program”.

3. Click the folder button on the right side of the “Data folder” field. This will open the data folder in Windows Explorer.

4. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select “Exit”.

5. In the VueMinder data folder, delete the files named DockingDesktop.xml and ProgramSettings.xml.

6. Restart VueMinder.

Please let me know if that doesn’t fix it, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

BlueProteus

Re: Calendar not showing on desktop

Post by BlueProteus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, I've solved the issue.

I think that what happened is that some programs do really crazy resolution resets (especially games) and at some point there was such a major resolution change that the desktop calendar got pushed all the way to the left of the screen, at a size of only about 100 px wide. And since I had transparency on for it, all I could see was a ghost-like frame edge.

After figuring out what was going on, I was able to resize/move the calendar back into position. At least I know what to look for now!