Unable to enter new Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ImageryOne

Unable to enter new Events

Post by ImageryOne » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 am

Vueminder Pro has been working OK until last Saturday. All previously entered events appear as they should but I am unable to enter any NEW events. I can type Events in, but they never get entered/displayed in the Calendar. Sync does not solve any problems. Restore does not fix the problem. I suspect it has to do with the latest Microsoft Essential new updates that I upgraded late last week.

Please advise

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to enter new Events

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:27 am

Hi ImageryOne, welcome to the forums. It's possible there's a filter applied that is causing events to be hidden. On the View menu, click "Show All Events". This will clear any filters.

If that doesn't solve the problem, make sure you're using the latest version (11.0.3) by clicking the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. Also, try rebooting. That sometimes fixes weird problems.

If rebooting doesn't help, it's possible reinstalling VueMinder will fix the problem. You can use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

If reinstalling doesn't fix it either, there could be something wrong with the .NET Framework 4.0 installation. If you’re not running Windows 8, you can use the Control Panel to uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (Extended Profile). Reboot after uninstalling and then use the link below to reinstall the .NET Framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17851

Please let me know if none of these suggestions fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ImageryOne

Post by ImageryOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 am

After following instructions and uninstalling Vueminder and Net 4.5, rebooting, and reinstalling both applications, problems continues, rendering VueMinder useless.

- Just, experimenting, I can ADD New Calendars, but can not delete them.
- I can Cut Events, but can not delete them.
- The Undo function does not work.
- I've looked at my Win System 7 Services and don't see anything unusual, nor have I knowingly changed anything.
- The Sync function seems to work, but strangely seems to take much longer and goes through several iterations before completing.

ImageryOne

Post by ImageryOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:39 am

Update: The Restore function works, but doesn't solve any problems. The SAVE function does not work and causes an error message when invoked " index outside bounds of array".

ImageryOne
Jerry Gilbert

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Jerry, maybe your data file (and backups) are corrupted. If possible, could you send me the most recent backup file so I can determine what's causing the problem? I might also be able to repair the file and send it back to you. All data will be kept strictly confidential. You can send the file to support@vueminder.com.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ImageryOne

Post by ImageryOne » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks for your assistance.

However, without any "known" changes by myself the problem seems to have resolved itself sometime within the last 12 hours. I had been away from the home office, but noticed the re-appearance of previously missing events; the automatic backup had been completed, and all other program functions appeared normal. The only system program running automatically was System Mechanic. I am always suspicious of these unexplained scenarios and will update the forum if there are any additional issues.

Jerry Gilbert