multiple computers 1 calendar local network not syncing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
joshcrocker

multiple computers 1 calendar local network not syncing

Post by joshcrocker » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:47 pm

I have about 8 computers that sync locally. after a couple days some don't stay synced with the others. Never had a problem before the update went to mysql. any ideas on what is going on?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: multiple computers 1 calendar local network not syncing

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi joshcrocker, welcome to the forums. A correction is in work and should be released by the end of the week.

In the meantime, try restarting VueMinder each day. Also, if the connection to the server is lost, make sure to click the button on the Status Bar to reconnect prior to making any changes. These workarounds will no longer be necessary when the next version is released.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

joshcrocker

Post by joshcrocker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 am

excellent news. I dont ever seem to lose connection to the server. It seems some computers fall behind on events i guess to say. then if i go make a change on the events usually i can finally get it to appear on the computers it wasn't on. Thanks for your help

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:28 pm

This problem should be fixed in v11.2.0, which is now available. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. Make sure to update all computers, otherwise you might still see the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

joshcrocker

Post by joshcrocker » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:57 am

i did the updates and am still having problems. yesterday i hav 4255 events on all the computers. someone added another event to one calendar and its at 4256. the others stayed the same. where is my problem?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 am

I don't know why the event count is off by one. It sounds like the new event didn't sync, but I'm not sure what would cause that (besides a connection problem with the server). Syncing works perfectly every time I test it on my network. I'm not sure why you're seeing different behavior. I'll continue to investigate and will let you know if I have any other ideas.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

joshcrocker

Post by joshcrocker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:40 am

i can tell you that the server connection test always works and the log always seems to change it just does not update the calender. even just now, on one computer i made a new event and it appeared on the computer next to it. then i deleted the event on the 2nd computer and it stayed on the first one. It's odd behavior. thanks for your help.

joshcrocker

Post by joshcrocker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 am

i just checked the log and now its saying that josh created an event that is not shared with your account. I'm confused. I hope that helps find where my problem is. I'm sure it's something simple I did.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:36 am

Sounds like something is wrong with the Calendar Permissions. Are you using different account names on the different computers? If so, open the Calendar Properties of the shared calendar under the account that owns the calendar. On the "Sync" tab, adjust the permissions so "(Everyone)" is a reader or contributor. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

joshcrocker

Post by joshcrocker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:19 am

everything is set to everyone. I can make an event. then go to another computer and see that it didnt add the event, then look at the log and see the change was made in the log, but it doesnt add it to the calender.