How do you exit full screen on a tablet without keyboard?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Lorenzo

How do you exit full screen on a tablet without keyboard?

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:03 am

Hello Dan

I was wondering, when using a tablet, the Full Screen mode is very good.
However, how do you exit it?

When you have a keyboard, you just press Esc, but on a tablet you don't have a keyboard to press ESC on.

Thanks

Lorenzo

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: How do you exit full screen on a tablet without keyboard

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi Lorenzo, you can use the touch keyboard after enabling the display of additional keys as described on the page linked below.
http://www.pocketables.com/2013/02/wind ... board.html

To access the touch keyboard while VueMinder is in full screen mode, touch and drag the right edge of the screen to display the charm sidebar thing. Touch Settings and then touch Keyboard. You'll need to switch to the full keyboard, which will provide an Esc button. Touch the Esc button to make VueMinder exit full-screen.

I hope that helps. I'll improve VueMinder to make it easier to exit full-screen mode and will let you know when this improvement is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Lorenzo

Re: How do you exit full screen on a tablet without keyboard

Post by Lorenzo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:06 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Lorenzo, you can use the touch keyboard after enabling the display of additional keys as described on the page linked below.
http://www.pocketables.com/2013/02/wind ... board.html

To access the touch keyboard while VueMinder is in full screen mode, touch and drag the right edge of the screen to display the charm sidebar thing. Touch Settings and then touch Keyboard. You'll need to switch to the full keyboard, which will provide an Esc button. Touch the Esc button to make VueMinder exit full-screen.

I hope that helps. I'll improve VueMinder to make it easier to exit full-screen mode and will let you know when this improvement is completed.
Thanks. A bit convoluted...
I suspect that I will not use full screen until leaving it is as easy as entering :)
Lorenzo