Upgraded to VueMinder Ultimate, can't get calendars to sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
laavista

Upgraded to VueMinder Ultimate, can't get calendars to sync

Post by laavista » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 pm

I upgraded to VueMinder Ultimate (version 11.2.0) today as I want to use the contact info over my home network. Both of us now have this version.

The calendars on my husband's computer and mine no longer sync.

I tried:
- deleting his calendar and re-adding it
- The sql server was stopped and I started it
- It synced once and not again

The sync symbols at the bottom is grey (not orange/grey)

We have really come to rely on these calendars being up-to-date with each other.
Your help would be appreciated.

laavista

UPDATE: Upgraded to Ultimate, can't get calendars to sync

Post by laavista » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:43 pm

The two calendars synced (after about 8 minutes). The sync icon at the bottom is still greyed out (not orange and grey like it used to be).

So... I'm assuming how it syncs now is different and there is now a lag?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Upgraded to VueMinder Ultimate, can't get calendars to s

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi laavista, did you update both computers to v11.2? Also, did you follow the instructions on the page linked below for migrating your calendars to the new version?
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61

Microsoft SQL Server is no longer used in the latest version. Also, syncing should be instantaneous.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

Post by laavista » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:06 am

No, I was not aware of these instructions. I will do them now.
Thanks again!

laavista

ANOTHER QUESTION, PLUS INPUT

Post by laavista » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:58 am

The instructions were very good, except in one area. In step 3 "Configure VueMinder", #2 "For "host", enter the computer name or IP address where MySQL Server was installed. If you're ot sure what computer name to enter, run MySQL Workbench on the computer...".
When I typed in "MySQL Workbench" in the 'run' box, I got a different view and could not find 'server status'. I found it by closing that window, my clicking on "MySQL Notifier" in the notification task bar and clicking edit.

You're right, the update for new or revised events is extremely fast.

Question: In addition to my husband and I sharing calendars on our computer, I like sharing the calendar info on my iPhone. Can the calendar also be sync'd with the Google calendar (so I would checkmark both "share with VueMinder on other computer" AND "sync with Google calendar)? I don't want to try it as I'm concerned it might mess something up and it's working very well right now.

Thanks again for your help.
Karan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Karan, as of version 11.2.0, you can safely sync the same calendar with both MySQL Server and Google Calendar. Syncing with Google Calendar will only happen on one of your computers, to prevent any weird circular syncing problems that could happen if multiple computers were both syncing with Google Calendar and with MySQL Server.

To enable syncing with Google Calendar, use the checkbox on the Sync tab of the Calendar Properties. A new calendar will be added to your Google Calendar list. You might need to reload the Google Calendar web page and click the calendar's name in order to see its events appear on Google Calendar. You'll also need to enable syncing of the new calendar with your iPhone. You can use the page linked below to do this:
https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

SOLVED Upgraded to Ultimate, can't get calendars to sync

Post by laavista » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 pm

This worked well. I LOVE MySQL as it's extremely fast. Thanks for the enhancement!

I also used a .cvs file and added all my contacts in for the first time. It was easy and quick.

Thanks again for all your help!