'Distribution Lists' Pane Problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
stormcat215

'Distribution Lists' Pane Problem

Post by stormcat215 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi, Dan

Your calendar is one of my all-time favorite programs. I've been using it for years and don't know what I'd do without it. I only recently got around to transferring all my contacts into the program, arranging columns, sorting, etc. Finally got everything the way I liked with all important information visible at a glance. Sadly, I've run into an extremely annoying problem.
Since I don't use the 'Distribution Lists', I dragged that pane to the bottom-edge of the contacts screen and set it to auto-hide. The problem is it doesn't stay that way. After a reboot, when I go back to the contacts screen, the 'Distribution Lists' pane is again on the right side and open, obscuring my right-hand columns. I've tried resetting it and then closing the program with 'Exit' under 'File' instead of the 'X', and also closing the program and then running it as administrator to make the changes, but nothing works. I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks, Dan
Doug

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 'Distribution Lists' Pane Problem

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi Doug, thanks for the feedback. Oddly, I'm unable to duplicate the behavior your seeing. I dragged the Distribution Lists pane to the bottom of the Contacts tab, clicked the Auto Hide button to hide it, and exited/restarted VueMinder. The Distribution Lists pane was still collapsed to the bottom of the Contacts tab after restarting.

Could you try it again, except instead of rebooting, right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit"? I'm guessing the layout of the Contacts tab didn't get saved when you rebooted, possibly due to VueMinder being closed by Windows before it could finish saving the layout.

If the same thing happens, I'll do some more digging to try to figure out what's going on. It should be saving the layout so I'm not sure what else would prevent that from happening.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi again, Dan

Yay! That worked. Been rebooting all day half-positive the problem would return, but it never did. (I could have sworn I had tried that before but apparently not!) You da man, Dan! Thank you very much.

Doug

stormcat215

Post by stormcat215 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi again, Dan

Darn it! The problem is back. The first couple days I kept checking and the problem seemed to have been resolved. Today when I opened the program the 'Distribution Lists' pane was again on the right edge and open. I haven't added any new data or changed anything at all. The only thing I've been doing is checking it periodically. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure I tried your solution before with no luck, but when it seemed to work this time I thought maybe I was wrong. Do you have any other ideas I could try? Thanks for your help, Dan.

Doug

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi Doug, I'm sorry to hear the problem returned. I'll try to find what is causing this intermittent behavior and will let you know when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA