Email reminders Issue

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
centuryx476

Email reminders Issue

Post by centuryx476 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello...

Here is my setup.
Computer A - My server which I have vueminder and mySQL installed. This computer is always on and is never EVER off.

Computer B - My regular workstation computer that I turn off at the end of the night. I too have vueminder installed on this computer and I have it sharing with the vueminder calendar in Computer A.
The reason I do this is because I do not want to add events directly to the server side because I do not want to constantly connect to my server and do that. I rather do it on the client side of my workstation (Computer B).

The issue is when I create an event in Computer B it perfectly syncs to the server side but what does not sync is the email reminder for the event. To be sure I added the email settings to both computers and I can receive emails with no issue.
So the question is how can I make sure the email reminder settings for the event get synced over to Computer A?

Side Note: The calender is a "contributor" - full read/write

Thank you

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Email reminders Issue

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi centuryx476, email reminders won't sync with MySQL Server.The reason is that if an email reminder is synced and enabled on multiple machines, then each machine will send the email reminder at the same time, resulting in duplicates of the reminder being sent. Email reminders will only be sent from the computer where they are defined.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA