VueMinder Lite & Dropbox issue

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
cgustav

VueMinder Lite & Dropbox issue

Post by cgustav » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi there,

I'm using VueMinder Lite storing its data on my dropbox folder and I'm having an issue.
It seems that VueMinder doesn't write all changes I added to my calendar until I close it. Even though Dropbox looks for changes on the DB folder, when I shut down the computer VueMinder only write last changes *after* Dropbox closed. Therefore I loose my changes and next time I open VueMinder calendar is missing information.
I delayed VueMinder launching with Startup Delayer, but I'm wondering if there a way to keep writing *all* the changes instead of waiting until VueMinder closes.

Thanks for any info.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Lite & Dropbox issue

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi cgustav, welcome to the forums. VueMinder auto-saves data whenever changes are made (within 10 seconds). I'm not sure why the data isn't auto-saving in your case.

It sounds like when you shutdown Windows, DropBox is closing before VueMinder. Instead of having VueMinder close as part of the Windows shutdown process, right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray (near the clock) and select "Exit VueMinder" from the popup menu before you continue with shutting Windows down. This will cause VueMinder to exit and save its latest data to DropBox. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

cgustav

Re: VueMinder Lite & Dropbox issue

Post by cgustav » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 am

Thank you Dan,

what I've been doing so far it's closing Vue first in order to have it writing the necessary changes and then Dropbox updating them.
This is what I've found out about the changes that Vue writes when I close it:
CalendarInfo.bin
CalendarInfo1.backup
Backups.dat
ToolbarsUsers.xml

Manually closing it works fine, the only problem sometimes I forget to do it.
Thanks for the support!

Best