Upgraded from VueMinder to Professional/USB

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
franzenz

Upgraded from VueMinder to Professional/USB

Post by franzenz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Help!

I just upgraded to VueMinder Professional/USB but can not get to the my previous data. Was 5 years and 21 days of data. Anyway I can get to it?
Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Upgraded from VueMinder to Professional/USB

Post by VueSoft » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi franzenz, welcome to the forums and thank you for upgrading to VueMinder Pro USB. To transfer your data from the installed version to the USB version, please follow these steps:

1. Exit the USB version by right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray (near the clock) and selecting "Exit". If you don't see the VueMinder icon in the task tray, the page linked below provides additional instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... narea.html

2. Start the installed version using the shortcut on the Start menu. You should see your previous data.

3. Click the "Transfer Data to VueMinder USB" command on the File menu.

4. Click the "..." button to select the location where you extracted the USB version. This could be on a USB stick, cloud drive, local hard drive, network folder, etc - wherever you put it.

5. After specifying the folder, the window should update to indicate the USB version was found and the "Transfer" button should be become enabled. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rdata.html

6. Click the "Transfer" button and click the OK button to confirm.

7. Exit the installed version of VueMinder using the "Exit" command on the VueMinder icon in the task tray. You might want to also use the Control Panel to uninstall the previous version of VueMinder, to avoid any confusion about which version you're using.

8. Start the USB version using the "Start VueMinder" command in the folder where the USB version was extracted. After the USB version loads, you'll see all your previous data.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA