Linux

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

Re: Linux

Post by simona70 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:15 am

No, you do not understand. I start the installation VueMinder under Win7, edit the data, I go out, I close my win7, boot Linux Fedora 20, Fedora boot VueMinder under Linux and I find data "outdated" compared to what has been entered under win7. This thing between each other is nothing new in the sense that when under VueMinder go to change the folder where the law does not seem to find the data in that folder updated data but something older. I can not really understand where they are in fact the most current data to VueMinder.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 pm

I am not attempting to use the same data with two installation. Fedora and windows are on the same computer. I enter vueminder on Fedora after windows on the same computer is dow. Only folder data is common.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Simona, I'm not sure why you're not seeing the same data if VueMinder on Fedora and Windows are both using the same data folder. Are you positive the same folder is being used? Exit VueMinder on Windows and then look at the date and time the CalendarInfo.bin file was updated. On Fedora, look at the file and compare the date/time with what you saw on Windows. Are they exactly the same?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:32 pm

The strange is then in vueminder change current directory to store data. If already exist it lost something? Anymore now with some fix wine and vueminder are ok. If someone has curiosity to know it, it is ok.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 am

I have also installed into a vm xp and win7-64bit. The second vieminder start ald is ok but google calendar sync do not start. what can i check?
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:22 pm

In Vueminder when I change folder used by data it start using it and restart ***ORRRR**** it copy inside the NEW folder actual memory configuration? Anymore I need more support for fix a google calendar problem I have in a clean installation of vueminder inside Windows 7 Ultimate x64 virtual image used with Oracle VirtualBox.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Simona, if you change the data folder location in the Program Options to a folder where VueMinder detects data is already present (due to a different computer saving data in that folder), you'll be asked if you want to use that data or overwrite it. Is there something you don't understand about those two options?

Regarding the problem with Google Calendar not syncing on one installation, there could be a lot of things causing it. Usually, it's due to a firewall blocking VueMinder or your Windows installation missing the latest updates. See the "My calendars aren't syncing with Google Calendar" section in the FAQ, linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/FAQ-Troubleshooting.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder

simona70

Post by simona70 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:33 am

This is sense of question? I'm sorry. I think for hard people like me was not clear. I must fix italian translate.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:24 am

My boot windows 7 installation is died :-( No such device 4680df invalid signature... anymore virtual installation semem to sync now with google calendar (perhaps last windows update...). Anymore in windows me I have not access to details page of the event. It cant draw page with text and button. What dll is used?
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi simona, have you tried reinstalling VueMinder? There are a lot of DLLs it uses, including a bunch of stuff in the .NET Framework.

Could you send me an email instead if you still see problems after reinstalling, rather than using the forum? Please include screenshots of the errors because I'm having difficulty understanding what you write.
Dan Chartrand, Founder