google sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
simona70

google sync

Post by simona70 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:24 am

Whenever I am in the settings of the gate synchro calendar with Google Calendar and put it back VueMinder create a new calendar with the name identical to the previous one (which is not erased and remains there like a zombie). Among other things, the meager page of gmail calendar with names of calendars "long" it's not that intuitive to figure out what calendar it is. Would it be possible that instead of recreating every time VueMinder calendar recognizes its own as designated by if and reactivate that? The inconvenience of this creation from scratch is that the android phone continues to use the old calendar is not updated and this is a little 'uncomfortable.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: google sync

Post by VueSoft » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi Simona, could you clarify? VueMinder should continue syncing with the current Google Calendar, not add a new one. Please provide the steps you are following when this problem occurs, so I can try duplicating the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

simona70

Post by simona70 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 am

I can choose only one sync method per time. No Google Calendar and .ics file at the same time. I am obviously speaking of one calendar.
Simona Pisano

simona70

Post by simona70 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 am

If i remove SYNC of a prevous google calendar sync and I add sync with google calendar, it add a new calendar with the same name in google calendar list and not reuse the previus google calendar.
Simona Pisano

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:20 am

Hi simona, thank you for clarifying. If you disable syncing with Google Calendar, VueMinder severs all ties between that calendar and Google Calendar. If you re-enable syncing, VueMinder doesn't know that the calendar previously existed in Google Calendar so a new one gets added to your Google account. By design, VueMinder won't try finding an existing calendar in your Google account that MIGHT be the correct one, and take the risk of syncing with an incorrect existing calendar and messing things up.

To work around this behavior, don't disable and re-enable syncing with Google Calendar. If there's some reason you need to do this, then instead of re-enabling syncing via the Calendar Properties in VueMinder, delete the calendar and then re-add it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. This will tell VueMinder to sync with an existing Google Calendar rather than adding a new one to your Google account.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA