Google contact sync error mesage

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
highspinner

Google contact sync error mesage

Post by highspinner » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:08 am

I've just bought VueMinder Pro. When trying to set it up I wanted to sync my contact information. so set it up to sync. Now I'm getting a constant error message in a small separate screen which reads "An error occurred while attempting to connect to Google Contacts. Please re-enter your log-in ionformation. If 2 step verification is enabled in your accoutn security settings, it will need to be disabled". There is then a field for username and password. Not 100% sure what my Username is (VueMinder registration? Google + Username (and is that my google email address)?

The problem is that no matter what I enter, the error message goes away for a while and then 15-30 seconds later re-appears. I have checked and unchecked the radio box for 'Automatically sync with Google contacts'. I have changed my Username to anything I can think of, tried cancelling teh error message, nothing works. The sync says it last occurred when I installed on 2/11/2014 and I do have my current contacts imported. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. What is going on and how can I correct it? I can't use the program as long as this is going on, it's literally reappears all the time and I can't use the program until I do something to make it go away

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google contact sync error mesage

Post by VueSoft » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:42 am

Hi highspinner, welcome to the forums. In your Google account settings, try changing the settings to allow access from “less secure apps”:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

If that doesn't fix it, click "Google Contact Sync" on the "Share" menu and then uncheck the box for syncing automatically. If you still get the error message after doing that, then follow these steps:

1. Exit VueMinder if it's running by right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".

2. Open Windows File Explorer.

3. Browse to the "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder" folder. This folder is hidden so you'll need to configure Windows Explorer to show hidden folders if you haven't already.

4. Delete the file named "ProgramSettings.xml".

5. Restart VueMinder.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

highspinner

Re: Google contact sync error mesage

Post by highspinner » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Seems to have done the trick, Thank you Dan