trouble upgrading Ultimate trial to Ultimate full

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
llischer

trouble upgrading Ultimate trial to Ultimate full

Post by llischer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi, I'm having trouble upgrading Vueminder 11.2.3 Ultimate trial to the full paid version. I paid the fee, downloaded the full exe file, exited the trial version and launched the full exe. The installer started fine, and I agreed to the terms. It started installing and got about 90% done (by the completion bar), and then it froze and didn't continue at all. I tried canceling the install, but it wouldn't cancel it. I had to kill the process in task manager. Then, I couldn't shutdown my computer the graceful way. I had to hold the on/off button 5 seconds till it forced the shutdown. Not pretty. I'm running Windows XP and running the Vueminder trial just fine. Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: trouble upgrading Ultimate trial to Ultimate full

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi llischer, sometimes the installation will appear to stall when it gets to the 90% point on Windows XP. If you let it run for a minute or two, the installation should complete.

Turning your computer off while in the middle of an installation might have caused the Windows registry to become corrupted. Please use the Control Panel to attempt to uninstall the trial version of VueMinder. If you are able to uninstall, then install from the file you downloaded after purchasing. Please wait for the install complete. It shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.

If you are unable to uninstall the trial version of VueMinder using the Control Panel, then your Windows registry is most likely corrupted. Microsoft created a tool to clean up these types of problems. It can be downloaded using the link below. You should be able to use this tool to uninstall the trial version of VueMinder so you can install the licensed version. This won’t remove any of your calendar data.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

I hope that helps. Please let me know if the license installer doesn't complete after giving it a few minutes.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

llischer

Post by llischer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Thanks for the advice. I uninstalled the trial version without a problem through Control Panel. Then I was able to install the full version, and it didn't hang up at the 90% mark as before. All good now!

So just to clarify, the two differences between now and before are:
1. The trial version was uninstalled. (It wasn't clear from the instructions that that was required.)
2. I did have CrashPlan (a system backup app) running a backup when I was trying to install before, but not now.

So I'd conclude that at least one of these differences was a factor....

Thanks again,
Linda

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi Linda, thank you for the information. The licensed version should be able to be installed over the trial version without needing to uninstall first. I'm not sure why it stopped at 90%. The system backup app might have interfered with the installation, but that's just a guess. In any case, I'm glad you were able to get it installed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA