A Program is trying to access...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
BlueProteus

A Program is trying to access...

Post by BlueProteus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Recently I've been getting the following popup warning from Outlook:

"A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click 'Deny' and verify your antivirus is up to date."
outlook.PNG
outlook.PNG (9.44 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
Pretty sure this is because I have VueMinder syncing with my Outlook calendar.
Is there a way to fix it so I don't get that warning?

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: A Program is trying to access...

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi BlueProteus, you can change VueMinder to only sync with Outlook when commanded, so the message you're seeing will appear less frequently. To do this, open the Calendar Properties. On the “Sync” tab, change the “Automatically sync” value to “Never”. To can manually sync (when needed) by right-clicking the calendar’s name and selecting “Sync Calendar” from the popup menu.

Note, you’ll still see the Outlook security message when VueMinder is commanded to sync the calendar. This message can appear if your Outlook installation doesn’t recognize the antivirus software you have installed (or if you don’t have any antivirus software).

In Outlook, open the Trust Center settings and click the “Programmatic Access” group. If Outlook recognizes your antivirus software, you’ll see an "Antivirus status: Valid" indication. Since Outlook knows it is protected, it won’t pop up the message saying VueMinder is trying to access e-mail address information (just for the record, that’s a very misleading message – VueMinder is not accessing email addresses, it’s just syncing with the calendar data!).

If the antivirus status isn’t valid, you might need to either switch to a different antivirus program, or configure Outlook to properly recognize what you are using. You could also click the “Never warn me” option (if enabled), but that might open up Outlook to other security vulnerabilities.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA