No text message reminders.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Terry McCarty

No text message reminders.

Post by Terry McCarty » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:41 am

All of a sudden I haven't been receiving my text message reminders from VueMinder. I finally was in a place where I got the error. The error said, " Error Sending Message reminder failed" It tells me to check settings and receiver info. I don't even know where the settings file is and I didn't change anything in the receiver info. Where do I go to find these?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: No text message reminders.

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi Terry, if it was working previously, then maybe a reboot will help.

If rebooting doesn't solve the problem, you can find the text message settings by using the "SMS / Voice" command on the Options menu. Click the "Send a Test SMS" button. Does the SMS send properly or do you get an error message? If you get an error, what does it say?

Also, if you have the "Use my mobile carrier" option selected, SMS messages will be sent as email and converted to SMS by the reminder recipient's mobile carrier. For that reason, the email settings also need to be correctly configured. Click the "Email Settings" tab on the Options menu and then click the "Send a Test Email". Does the email send properly or do you get an error?

If the test messages are sent properly, maybe the problem has something to do with the reminder recipient. Please open the contact in the Contact Editor and make sure their mobile phone number has been specified. Also, if the "Use my mobile carrier" option is selected in the SMS/Voice settings, then make sure the contact's mobile carrier has been specified as well.

If none of that helps, has your firewall or security software recently been changed or updated? It's possible VueMinder is being blocked from sending SMS reminders.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Terry McCarty

Post by Terry McCarty » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:25 am

* Tried rebooting and that didn"t work.

* Tried to send a test SMS message and this error occurred: "An error occurred while attempting to send a test SMS. The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authorized. The server response was 5.5.1 Authentication Required."

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 am

The error seems to indicate a problem with the username and/or password that have been entered in the Email Settings. Please make sure the correct username and password have been entered. Re-enter the password just to make sure it’s correct. Also, make sure the “Server requires authentication” box is checked.

If it still doesn’t work, are you using Google Mail’s SMTP server? If so, you might need to enable access from “less secure apps” before VueMinder can send email through your Google Mail account. You can enable access on the page linked below:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

The following settings should be used for sending email through Google Mail:
Server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
User Name: Your Google email address
Password: Your Google password
Server Authentication: Yes (checkmark)
Use SSL: Yes (checkmark)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Terry McCarty

Post by Terry McCarty » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Dan, you are a genius. I changed my email password and didn't change it in vueminder and that was my problem. Thank you.
Terry McCarty