Selection issue in reminder window when new reminders appear

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Pastafarian

Selection issue in reminder window when new reminders appear

Post by Pastafarian » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:47 am

Hi Dan,

I observed the following issue:

situation:
  • Some tasks are defined in a google task calendar.
  • Reminder window (where you can snooze and dismiss reminders) has popped up and shows a list of reminders.
  • User has selected an entry by clicking.
  • New reminder(s) get(s) active in that moment (appear in the list).
issue:
  • Both the new and the previously selected entry get a selection mark, which is confusing.
  • Actually only the new entry (or maybe the last one in the list) gets selected. Changing the selection on update is not good in general because if I click "dismiss" right in the moment when the new entry appears, I will accidently dismiss this one instead. It would be better to keep the old selection or/and maybe to implement a small time span before and after an update where the buttons do not react to clicks.
    The latter method could also help to prevent the "dismiss all" catastrophe that I had a few times. It happens if I click "dismiss all" just in the moment that a bunch of new reminders appears in the list.
This issue is quite frustrating as I always have to look for accidently dismissed reminders to reactivate them.

I saw this with version 11.2.4.

Best wishes,
Alex

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Selection issue in reminder window when new reminders ap

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi Alex, thank you for the feedback. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem with the reminder window indicating that multiple reminders are selected. I'm not sure what is causing that problem. I'll investigate further. In the meantime, you can work around the problem by opening the Reminder Options and unchecking the box labeled "Combine popup reminders into a single window".
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Pastafarian

Re: Selection issue in reminder window when new reminders ap

Post by Pastafarian » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:18 am

Hi Dan,

I didn't know about this option, thanks for your hint.
If you need my assistance in tracking down the issue please tell me.

Best wishes,
Alex