Exchange calendar events disappearing when moved/edited

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mixvio

Exchange calendar events disappearing when moved/edited

Post by mixvio » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 am

I've got the trial syncing with my Microsoft Exchange account and whenever I move an event to a different day or even sometimes edit them, I get duplicate events appearing in the calendar or they vanish completely. I've tested this with several events to see what was going on but I am not sure what the issue is.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Exchange calendar events disappearing when moved/edited

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi mixvio, welcome to the forums. I've attempted to duplicate the behavior you're seeing, but it appears to be working correctly for me. What version of Exchange Server are you syncing with? Do you have any other 3rd party apps that are syncing with your Exchange Server as well, and might be contributing to the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mixvio

Post by mixvio » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:54 pm

I'm afraid I don't have the slightest idea what version of Exchange it is, it's managed by my host. If you know a way to look this up I can check; I think it's 2010 and I'm being migrated to 2013 in the relative future, but I am not certain.

I use Outlook 2013 on my desktop and iOS 8.1.2 on my phone; I was hoping that VueMinder would work so I could ditch Outlook but thus far it's only mangled my calendars several times.

I don't have a ton of entries in the calendar, under 1000, so I don't think a big calendar could be the problem.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12 am

Hi mixvio, thank you for the information. Nobody else has ever reported this behavior and it's not something I've seen in my testing, so maybe it has something to do with the host you're using. I've tested with hosted Exchange Server on Rackspace and Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online) and haven't seen any problems. Which host are you using?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mixvio

Post by mixvio » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 am

uber.com.au is my Exchange host.

All I have to do is create an event, then click it and copy/paste to another day — the event initially appears on both dates, then moments later I have two of them on the date I copied the event to in VueMinder. Weirdly enough, I don't have two events on other programs (like my phone or Outlook) but the event is missing from the first date.

Other things don't seem to synchronise properly either — I removed a calendar alert on an event in Outlook, but it is still there in VueMinder.

I'm not really pleased with my Exchange host at the best of times so I could be motivated to migrate to another if you guys happen to have any idea of ones you definitely know work with your software.

mixvio

Post by mixvio » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:33 am

Hi Dan,

So overnight I went through and spent the evening migrating from my existing Exchange host to Office 365. Unfortunately the behaviour I described before still happens — the simplest way for me to duplicate it is as follows:

1) Create an event (it doesn't appear to make any different when or what it's called.)

2) Select the event, press ctrl+c to copy it, then paste the event to another date.

3) Initially you'll have copies of both events on each day as you'd expect. But after a moment (presumably when the changes are pushed to the server?) the event disappears from the original date —

4) In VueMinder, I now have duplicates of the event on the second date (the one it was pasted to). In Outlook and iOS there's only one event, but it's disappeared from the original date and resides only on the date it's pasted to.

As I regularly duplicate existing appointments to save the trouble of copying redundant information, I can see myself running into this quite a lot — particularly as it erases the event from the original date as well.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 am

Hi mixvio, thank you for the information. It appears there's a bug when syncing events that were pasted. I'll fix this in the next release and will let you know as soon as it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mixvio

Post by mixvio » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 am

Thanks, glad to hear it! That's the only thing I've been holding off on purchasing the full version over so I appreciate the quick response.

mixvio

Post by mixvio » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 am

Hey Dan, is there any ETA on when this bug will be fixed? I'm waiting to purchase the full license once I confirm that this will solve all of my needs. Thanks a lot for your help so far.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi mixvio, I have this at the top of the priority list for fixing in the next release. It should be completed later this week or early next week. If you're nearing the end of your trial period, I can extend the trial.
Dan Chartrand, Founder