403 Forbidden Error: Unable to update subscribed calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
kansaifixer

403 Forbidden Error: Unable to update subscribed calendar

Post by kansaifixer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:12 am

Hello,

We are long time VueMinder Pro users, but today (2/3/2015) we just started receiving the following errors when trying to update our airbnb host booking calendars:

Unable to update subscribed calendar "your calendar name here".
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

A search through the forums for 403 forbidden errors brought back only 3 results, all from 2010. I would imagine quite a lot has changed since then with VueMinder, so are there any recent updates on why this error has suddenly popped up?

Regards,

Bob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 403 Forbidden Error: Unable to update subscribed calenda

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Bob, welcome to the forums. Has anything changed recently on your host, such as security settings? The error you're seeing indicates that your account doesn't have access to the calendar. I'm not aware of anything that has changed in VueMinder that would cause this error.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

kansaifixer

Post by kansaifixer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Hello, Dan.

Thank you for your timely response. I have spent the past few days trying to track down possible causes, but it all keeps bringing me back to VueMinder Pro.

As I'm sure you know, we've gone through a number of changes and updates with Google and Yahoo calendars, as well as the recent .NET Framework 4.5.2 update. In the past, Google and Yahoo calendars completely fell over for us; We couldn't get any of our calendars to update online or through mobile applications via Google and Yahoo. However, VueMinder was the only rock steady system that kept our calendar updates flowing, until last week.

Things have flipped for us now, in that we are able to enter the URLs to subscribe to our calendars again on Google and Yahoo, but now VueMinder is giving us the 403 Forbidden error.

If you don't mind, I would like to communicate with you privately and send you one of our URL ics calendar links. I thought that if you are able to get the subscribed calendar working in VueMinder on your end, then it must be a system security change on my end somewhere that I have not been aware of in the past week.

Hoping you can help get us up and running again, we miss our VueMinder desktop calendar.

Cheers,

Bob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi Bob, please send to URL to support@vueminder.com. I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi Bob, the problem has been fixed in version 11.2.8. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder