Newbie Questions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
chrisgee

Newbie Questions

Post by chrisgee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 am

I am evaluating VueMinder and it seems to be very nearly what we have been looking for, I have a couple of questions

1 - We would mainly use the timeline view to schedule staff appointments, is there anyway to hide the Non working hours and days in the timeline ? It takes up a lot of space and makes it difficult to look for Gaps to fill in.

2 - The help says these non working hours should be greyed out in the timeline, they are not, am I missing something here ?

This facility would definitely swing us to go for it and purchase the ultimate version.

Regards

CHris

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.
1 - We would mainly use the timeline view to schedule staff appointments, is there anyway to hide the Non working hours and days in the timeline ? It takes up a lot of space and makes it difficult to look for Gaps to fill in.
Unfortunately, there isn't currently any mechanism to hide weekends or non-working hours from the Timeline View. However, I have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
2 - The help says these non working hours should be greyed out in the timeline, they are not, am I missing something here ?
Depending on which appearance theme you're using (specified in the Appearance Options), the shading might be subtle or non-existent. I've created a custom appearance theme that should help. To use this theme, follow these steps:
1. Save and unzip the attachment to a location on your hard drive.
2. Open the Appearance Options (via the Options menu) in VueMinder.
3. Change the "Look for themes in folder" value to the folder where you extracted the theme file.
4. Select the theme file from the list and then click OK.

Using this theme, you'll see weekends are shaded a darker gray. Non-working hours are also shaded. You can adjust the working hours via the "Work Day" Options. Anything outside the working hours will be shaded and should help make it easier to find open time slots when using the Timeline View.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Attachments
VueMinder Shaded Weekends.zip
(18.77 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tdr

Post by tdr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm

VueSoft wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't currently any mechanism to hide weekends or non-working hours from the Timeline View. However, I have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Hi Dan, is hiding weekends option still in the development plan? I could use this feature!
thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi tdr, thanks for the feedback. This option is still planned for a future release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA