More newbie questions...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Doublecheck

More newbie questions...

Post by Doublecheck » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:07 am

Hi. After playing with a lot of other calendar software I finally found my way here, and it looks like Vueminder might have all the features I need. Other choices I've tried all seem to lack one or another requirement. I have two questions though - and apologies if they've been asked and answered already.

1: What happened to Tasks? Your website and help documentation all refer to a Tasks feature as though it's a completely self-contained item - separate calendars, options, edit screens etc. When I hit 'New' in the installed desktop calendar, I don't get an option for a new task. I can create a new calendar in a separate group called 'My Tasks', but creating new items in that calendar just gets me an event, not a task. The only mention of tasks seems to be in the calendar group name...???

2: I just answered my other question looking through menus - I have another laptop that I'd like to sync calendars with; I see that's not a Lite feature, but it is available... ;)

Anyhoo - I'm running Win 8.0 on a 64-bit Asus laptop. Any pointers towards Tasks very gratefully received...

DC

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: More newbie questions...

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi DC, welcome to the forums. Are you using the Lite version? If so, that would probably explain the problem. VueMinder Lite doesn't provide a tasks feature. This feature is only in the Pro and Ultimate versions.

In the Pro or Ultimate version, you can create a new task by using the "New -> Task" command on the File menu. It should be pretty easy to find. If not, see the "How to get here" section of the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html

Besides the ability to define tasks, the Pro and Ultimate versions add many other features not available in the Lite version. The following page provides a side-by-side comparison:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If you’re currently using the Lite version, you can purchase the Pro version using the link below. It will install on top of the Lite version, preserving all your existing data.
http://sites.fastspring.com/vuesoft/product/vueminder

If you’d like to try the Pro version first, you can upgrade to a fully functional trial by clicking the “Upgrade” button at the top of the VueMinder Lite window. All existing data will be preserved and accessible in the Pro trial. Also, if you decide to return to the Lite version, you can uninstall the Pro trial and reinstall the Lite version without losing any events created while using the Pro trial.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Doublecheck

Re: More newbie questions...

Post by Doublecheck » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Dan

Thanks for that - I actually found the answer about a half-hour before I saw your reply, but spent most of that time banging my head on my desk for being dumb. Maybe I could have delayed my question for a day and found the answer myself, but when you're new to a product, figuring out how things work is always a trial. I don't have much actual data in the calendar yet - mostly I was setting up example single and repeating events to see how practical it would be to move all my information over. Now you've answered my last question I figure I can restart with the Ultimate version and trade downwards from there...

:)

DC