recurring event error

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ymleong

Re: Completed recurring event disappear

Post by ymleong » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi Dan,

I'm on 7.0.2 but that recurrence was made while on 7.0.1. It did successfully "migrate" those events over. I guess this may be a version bug on 7.0.1 which did not somehow get corrected, coz event was "migrated" ??! Anyways, I still had other mths 15th events, so I'll look for this to see whether this is happening again.

Thks for letting me know that this is indeed a bug in 7.0.1, otherwise I was actually wondering why I Would hv deleted an occurring event? Thought I was either dreaming or getting too fuddy duddy in the brain. Aahhhh.....ahhh... :P

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: recurring event error

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 am

It should be fixed in 7.0.2, but if you still notice it happening please let me know.

The fuddy-duddyness was my fault! Some of the other changes made to 7.0.1 affected how changes to recurring events are handled, and I didn't catch this when testing. :oops:
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ymleong

Re: recurring event error/reschedue error

Post by ymleong » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi Dan,

2 things
1) With 7.2.1, when a recurring event is marked as completed, this past event still appears with the completion icon (a recycle sign with a slash) and greyed-out to denote "completion" (since I marked the recurring event as completed), instead of automatically "disappearing" after the fixing. Thank you so much

2) When an event has been dismissed then re-scheduled, the bug is still present. That is, after the dismissed event was re-scheduled, the completed check box(when i open the event) is not checked, but the alarm bell signal for the reminder is still not appearing besides the event. I still have to open it, check the completed box, then un-checked it to "force" it to show.

When I open Recent Reminder from Tools option, it initially still display that "Start Time" is set for 23/Jul (the original scheduled date) AFTER I clicked "Re-display" against this rescheduled event. I believe this is what is causing the re-scheduled event not to be displayed with reminder icon even though the event's completed box was not checked upon re-scheduling. After I have checked and un-checked the completion box of this event, the "start time" reminder of this event in Recent Reminder then correctly displayed as 29/Jul (which was the re-scheduled date)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll work on addressing this in the next version. Basically, when a previously dismissed/completed event is rescheduled, a message (to be added in the next version) will display, asking if you'd like to re-enable the reminder and mark the event as incomplete. I think that should take care of what you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ymleong

Re: Recurring event error

Post by ymleong » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Dan.

I have updated to V8.1.1, I now have another error. I have choosen to display recurring number, and I put end after "6" recurrences. The number did displayed but I only had 5 recurring event, and the 6th was missing. I changed this to "7" and it displayed the 6th recurring event.

Pls note that the events were created before the update to 8.1.1, and that I changed it to displayed number of recurrences after 3 events were in the past. It did warn me that some events were in the past/completed
I have unchecked the show number of occurrences, but I still had only 5 recurring events.

I made these changes by selecting "Open the Event", "Open the series" for all 3 changes :
* Some events were completed before this change.

1st Change:
1a) It was no-ending recurrence event, I changed to end after "6" occurrences
1b) Check show recurrence numbers
I got only 5 occurrences

2nd change:
2) Change to uncheck show recurrence numbers: Still 5 occurrences

3rd Change:
3) Change to end occurence after "7" occurrences: Displayed 6 recurring events

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:59 am

Hi ymleong, thanks for letting me know about the problem. I'll investigate this and will let you know if I can find what's causing it. So far, I've been unsuccessful in duplicating the behavior. If you're seeing this happen with new events created in 8.1.1, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ymleong

Re: recurring event error number error

Post by ymleong » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi Dan,

This morning, I created a new recurring event, checked "Show Occurrence Number", enter "12" as end after occurrences. I have got 12 occurrences correctly displayed!

I am not sure whether the bug I reported earlier was due to some events being completed or that some events were created before 8.1.1. I purposely changed End After Occurrence to "6" and I still got 6 recurring events! Looks like its working correctly whether or not I checked show occurrence number or changed the End After Occurrence fields.

Hope you didnt end up pulling your hair trying your best to simulate the error. I LOVE LOVE LOVE VUE Calendar! Even introduce this great free tool to all my friends. Even without paying, we are ALWAYS getting bug fixes and NEW releases.

BEST free calendar tool on Earth, besides the one God uses. :D